Friday, July 15, 2011

Remembrance

Remembrance


Tears fall from my eyes
as softly the memories flow,
with the tears, salty on my tongue.
I miss you so much.

Tomorrow is frightening
except for the thought
of seeing you again;
another time, another place.

I hear your voice...
in my dreams you come.
We talk and laugh
about silly, important things.

Each day without you is less;
less bright, less full, ...less.
I feel your love with me,
yet, I want you to hold.

Faith in God eases the pain
for moments, sometimes days.
Still, I cry; but not for you,
for the loss I feel in me.

by Brenda Penepent
In Loving Memory of her daughter Carrie Carpenter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Honoring Our Angels Service Project

Honoring Our Angels Service Project
Click on the card to read more about the project.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...